Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1st Time!

Last night, my husband and oldest daughter decided it was time to start training for a 5K that is scheduled for the end of the month.  They are a little late to begin their training, but hey, they're training!  My middle daughter wanted to ride her bike with them and my husband suggested to her that she run with them.  I can't believe she said yes!  There is just something special about seeing your kids participate in things you love to do.  Plus, it's good for them, too.  As Charlie Sheen would say, WINNING!

Jo's total run was just over 1 mile!  Yes, there were a couple walk breaks, but hey, she's not even 7 years old, cut her some slack! :)  When I saw her coming up the street, I got up and started cheering and clapping for her.  This seemed to give her a boost because she sprinted to the finish leaving daddy in the dust!  So proud!  Now the hard part?....getting her to do it again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment