Thursday, March 24, 2011

Trying to out run the lbs...

Since my marathon in October, I've changed up my workout routine to include spinning and strength training.  I've been a little lax on running...ok, a LOT lax.  Is lax even a word?  Much to my dismay, I've noticed that the scale doesn't like me much anymore.  Even when I was on vacation last week, I ran 3 mornings and even hiked one day.  However, when I came home, I managed to bring a few pounds back with me...ugh.  When I was training for the marathon, I had the luxury of being able to eat whatever I wanted and my weight stayed constant...I guess that was my reward for the early mornings and long hours!  I've decided that I can't be ok with 2 or 3 pounds, because then I'd be ok with 5 and then 10.  Not gonna happen!  So, I've decided to ramp up the running.  It's just what works for me.

This week I ran my fastest 6 miles in a long time.  6 miles in 53:00...8:49/mi avg.  Gotta out run those lbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment